21 February 2016

7-course tasting menu


So I sat at the pub a few months ago swiping away on Groupon to see if there was anything of interest. There was; a 7-course tasting menu at Michelin star restaurant L'Autreu Pied. It's a small cosy French (shock!) restaurant located in Marylebone just off Oxford Street.

I completely forgot I bought this and only just realised the other week that the deal was about to expire, so I booked me and Lloyd in yesterday. And oh my god, the food was absolutely amazing. There wasn't one single dish or ingredient that I wasn't obsessed with.

This exact tasting menu is usually £62 per person but I only paid £31 - such a steal. I can strongly recommend a visit whether you live in London or are here on holiday. You won't get disappointed.

Let the food-envy begin:

Heirloom carrots, pickled raddicchio & creme fraiche
Poached cod, roasted cauliflower & burnt butter sauce
Roast duck, peppered suede, turnips, apple, mustard & jus
Mandarin mousse, chocolate ice cream & chocolate soil
CHEESE.
Rhubarb cheesecake & mandarin sorbet

No comments:

Post a Comment