5 June 2016

Chilli & chill

Aaah what an amazing day. Woke up hungover but that was OK - kind of expected after insisting on Cafe Patron shots yesterday. I decided that I wanted to cook something in the slow cooker, so I strolled over to Morrissons to buy some breakfast and ingredients. 

I decided to to cook something that would be as if a chilli and pulled beef had a baby. A perfect little spicy meat baby. I used my father-in-laws famous chilli recipe as a guideline but I don't really like to cook after recipes (too impatient) so I ended up just throwing stuff in and improvising.

I thought at first that I shouldn't bore you with the recipe but then I realised that if I post it here I can look back next time to remind myself. So here's the shopping list Helena:


  • Big chunk of meat - sear before placing in the slow cooker! Crucial.
  • 2 onions
  • 2 celery sticks
  • 2 carrots
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 5 bird eye chillies
  • A squeeze of BBQ sauce
  • 1 tube tomato pure
  • 1 tin chopped tomatoes
  • A splash of balsamic vinegar
  • LOTS of salt and pepper (I used smoked salt in this batch)
  • Chilli powder & paprika
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1 tin chickpeas
  • 1 tin broad beans
  • 1 tin kidney beans
  • 2 beef stock cubes
  • 1 litre of water
  • 1/3 of a bunch fresh coriander
  • Dash of red wine
I think that's it. So basically - chop everything and place in the slow cooker, with the seared meat in the middle. Don't have a slow cooker? Lame!



As you can see it looks absolutely stunning. This i before I added all the sauces and spices by the way, I decided this was more photo friendly heheheheh...

So, what did I do the rest of the day? This:

Life. Is. Tough.

I tried to cosy up our roof terrace as well - how amazing is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment